Cornerstone Center for the Arts is accepting applications for the Director of Rentals and Events. This position is responsible for the management of all events and rental activities at Cornerstone.
Position Title: Director of Rentals & Events
Reports To: Executive Director
Length of Appointment: Year Around/Ongoing
Compensation: $29,000 - $31,000 salary based on qualifications + generous personal time off
The position is responsible for coordinating events held in Cornerstone Center for the Arts historic building. The Director of Rentals & Events is responsible for coordinating private and public rental events including planning, organizing, managing and supervising these events. The Director is also responsible for working with other Departments in planning and organizing space for all Cornerstone Events including education programming and fundraisers. This position supervises the Events Coordinator and Events Assistant(s).
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality management, food management, business, culinary science or related industry experience
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience managing a staff or group of individuals
- Dependable and able to work varying schedules and extended hours, including evenings and weekends
- Effectively manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and communicate effectively with diverse audiences
- Experience organizing/planning events or programs
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Responsible for planning, organizing, and supervising private and public events.
- Responsible for incoming sales calls, meeting with clients to present the facilities and to gather event information, collecting event set-up and billing information from clients.
- Supervising Events Coordinator, Events Assistant, other building staff, and various interns and volunteers.
- Responsible for management and supervision of approved caterers assuring rules and regulations are followed.
- Coordinate and communicate event activities to Cornerstone staff. Responsible for sharing information involving other Staff members such as set-up crew and Staff Accountant.
- Responsible for allocating space for Cornerstone events such as educational programs and fundraisers.
- Work with Cornerstone staff is planning and executing Cornerstone fundraising events.
- Coordinate the management, operation, and maintenance of light, sound, and other room equipment; establish and monitor check-in/check-out procedure for auditorium equipment; set-up and operate light and sound equipment for auditorium users as needed or supervise same; establish qualifications for technical assistance personnel.
- Exercise judgment to assure successful execution of all event activities.
- Resolve conflicts as needed.
To apply for this position, complete the Employment Application with this article and upload a resume and cover letter. Questions may be directed to Marilyn Cleary, Executive Director, at 765-281-9503, ext. 16 or email@example.com.