Cornerstone is Hiring!
Posted July 10, 2017, by jirwin
Position: Events Coordinator
Reports To: Executive Director
Classification: Full Time, Hourly
Length of Appointment: Year Around/Ongoing
PURPOSE:This position is responsible for management of all events and rental activities at Cornerstone Center for the Arts. This includes planning, organizing, and supervising activities held in the various spaces, kitchens, lobby areas or other rooms in our historic building. Events include but not limited to wedding, receptions, banquets, fundraisers, business meetings and art education programs. Successful candidates must be organized self-starters with excellent customer service skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent; an associate’s degree or experience in hospitality management, catering, event services, business, or related is beneficial, but not required.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Dependable and able to work varying schedules and extended hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Effectively manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and communicate effectively with diverse audiences
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Communicate with potential and confirmed clients.
- Interact with clients, caterers and staff.
- Meet with clients to present the facilities, organize and plan the event
- Confirm needs of client from initial contact until end of event.
- Maintain client files including details of event, billing, and payment schedule.
- Be onsite during events they are scheduled to work.
- Ensure successful completion of events and satisfaction of client.
- Place orders for events such as linens, security, and any special amenities.
- Assist in set up and close down of facility before and after events.
- Assist in ensuring that kitchen and dish room are clean before caterers come into building and before they leave at the end of event.
- Assist in complete inventory a minimum of twice a year.
- Work effectively with volunteers, promoters, sponsors, various group representatives, facility users, employees, and the general public.
- Effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- All other duties assigned.
To apply, complete the online application with a submission of cover letter and resume below. Direct any questions about this position to Marilyn Cleary, Executive Director, at 765-281-9503, ext. 16.